Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Plan B!!!




I ran a few test stencils yesterday and it didn’t work out as well as I had hoped. (Check out the pics) I didn’t really know what to expect, but after this I’m glad I gave myself time for Plan B.

I was hoping to have each cover of the Mini Comic with it’s own unique stencil. But the one thing I didn’t think of was how much Krylon Paint stinks. So I don’t want to have people walking around the convention smelling the fumes of my comic. So, with Ereisa’s help, I have a good replacement. I’ll still stencil, but I’m going to stencil one big one, then I’ll shrink that down on a copy machine, and use it on all the covers. Thus eliminating the awful, mind altering stench.

In other Mini Comic news, I got another pin-up from Jacob Chabot and it’s fantastic. It’s presently my desktop wallpaper and I couldn’t be happier with it. Chris Giarusso sent me the thumbnail of his pin-up, (which is actually a really cool one-page comic) and boy and I glad I asked Jim Lujan, Jacob and Chris to do a few pages… it’s really going to add to the Mini.

Also, don’t forget about page 2 of the new NYComix “Who Gives a @#$# about the Letterer?” over at Pixelstrips.com.

Thanks!
--Gent

No comments: