Friday, August 18, 2006

Here's a few books that won't be late!

With the recent announcement that every comic made from now until the end of time will probably be late… (and it ain’t the Letterer's fault, folks!) Here’s a couple comics you can pick up and enjoy right now.

Brownsville by Neil Klied and Jake Allen
I’m a bit of a New York City Organized Crime Buff and this is a great little Graphic Novel about the Jewish Gangsters of the 1930’s. Great writing and art and just a fun read. Check it out.

Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Picked this up on the suggestion of about every darn person who posts in the “Indy Book” thread over at the Bendis board. At the same time, this book caused a little riff between folks who’ll read a book like Scott Pilgrim and folks who’ll only read the superhero stuff from the Big 2. Why one would limit themselves to only reading superhero books is beyond me, but whatever, that’s a topic for another time. Anyway, Scott Pilgrim is an absolute blast. Loved every page of it. Laugh out loud funny, great writing and dialogue, and innovative to boot. Get out there and pick it up. I’ve only read Volume 1…. But I can’t wait to get my hands on Volumes 2 and 3. Link

Stay tuned folks and Go Yankees.

--randy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the late books are not the letterer's fault? I thought maybe you all were busy making sense out of all the BOLD words in the script. ;-)

I agree that Scott Pilgrim is such a great read. I'm know that if you can manage to squeeze it into the hands of the "strictly mainstream superhero" readers, 9 out 10 times they're going to dig this book.

I will have to pick up Brownsville though, as I have yet read it and it sounds interesting.

Thanks for the recommendation, Randy!

Brandon from SoCal

RandolphG said...

Actually, last week I was working on a book that will remain nameless and a window actually popped up on my screen that said: "Enough Already. Nobody Cares." Then my monitor blew up in an apparent Computer Suicide.