Wednesday, October 19, 2005

PixelStrips and other news.

Every Wednesday, I post a new NYComix page over at PixelStrips.com. Pixelstrips is a subscription based web comic site, but that doesn’t mean you have to pay to read the comics. You can read this week’s comic for free, every week. You just can’t read the archives. You have to pay for that.

So feel free to head on over to Pixelstrips, you’ll get a new page of NYComix there every week. Pretty, neat, I think. Plus I have my own message board over there, and nobody posts there at all. (Not just on my board, but the whole forum) So go talk to me. I love message boards. Go over there and start a thread about how you think the Star Wars prequels suck. I might have something to say about that, and it won't be pretty. :)

I went to the comic shop this morning and didn’t pick up as many comics as I thought I would. There was a Goon 25cent issue, so if you go to the shop pick that comic up, if you caught my previous Blog entry about The Goon, you know I think it’s the best comic on the market right now. And it’s 25cents fer cryin’ out loud…. practically free.

I also picked up the latest issue of BPRD. Not because I’m a big Hellboy fan, (I’ve never read an issue of Hellboy, which is comic blasphemy, I think.) but because Guy Davis is just amazing. I love his work. I heard somewhere that he does like 3-4 pages of pencils and inks a day. Which is insane because his work doesn’t look rushed. Plus, the story isn’t too bad, either, so it’s a good read.

I also picked up an issue of Silent Dragon. The writer, Andy Diggle was on Fanboy Radio the other day and they talked about Silent Dragon and it just sounded cool. Haven’t read it yet, but Leinil Yu art doesn’t disappoint.

And the NYCon news is that it’s a go. I just have to make sure I get a table. So if there’s a table available, I’m there. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: